Zoodles & Meat Sauce
Zoodles & Meat SaucePrint Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup white button mushrooms - chopped
- 1/2 cup small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 24 oz jar marinara sauce no added sugar or oil, or use homemade (see link in recipe notes)
- 7 cups spiralized zucchini aka "zoodles"
- 2 Tbsp water
- In a large hot skillet, brown the ground beef with salt and pepper. Drain excess oil.
- Stir in mushrooms, onion, garlic and spices, and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add marinara sauce, stir to combine and let simmer about 10 minutes.
- Heat zoodles by steaming or sauteing in water until zucchini has a noodle-like texture.
- Spoon meat sauce over zoodles.
1 serving = 4 oz protein, 2 cups vegetable Click here for Marinara Sauce recipe. Try with Baked Italian Meatballs instead of adding the meat in the sauce.