Vegetable Broth, HomemadePrint Recipe
- 1 large onion chopped, skin on
- 3 stalks celery including some leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch Green Onions chopped
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 8 sprigs fresh parsley
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 2 quarts water
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven add onion, celery, scallions, garlic, parsley, thyme, bay leaves and salt. Cover over high heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered for 1 hour.
- Strain everything through a fine mesh strainer and discard vegetables.
- Cool the stock, then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for 6 months.