Tomato SoupPrint Recipe
- 4 cups tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup onion cut into large petals
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 leaves fresh basil plus more for garnish
- Greek yogurt for serving optional
- olive oil cooking spray
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spritz with cooking spray.
- Place tomatoes (cut-side down), onion and garlic on baking sheet, spritz the top with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 5-10 minutes or until tomato skin begins to blacken.
- Let tomatoes cool, then remove skins. Place in a blender or food processor with onion, garlic and fresh basil. Blend until smooth, adding water to reach desired consistency.
- Pour tomato mixture into a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and garnish with fresh basil.
1 serving = 2 cups vegetable