Stuffed Mushroom CapsPrint Recipe
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Saute spinach, onion, garlic, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes in pan on medium heat until cooked and moisture is almost gone. Remove from pan, cool and chop.
- In a large bowl, mix together spinach mixture, egg and cottage cheese.
- Remove stems from mushrooms, cleaning out the middle a bit to make more room for filling. Generously spoon filling into mushrooms.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until tops begin to brown.
1 serving - 1 oz protein, 1 cup vegetable