Steak & Caramelized OnionsPrint Recipe
- 16 oz flank steak
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sweet onion, sliced into rings
- Preheat broiler to 500°F.
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Add steak to a hot skillet and sear 2 minutes each side.
- Remove steak from skillet and place on an oven-safe dish. Broil steak to desired doneness.
- Deglaze skillet with 1 tablespoon water.
- Add onions and turn heat down to medium. Cook onions, stirring often, until they are golden brown, adding water one teaspoon at a time, if needed to prevent burning.
- Top steak with onions and serve.
1 serving = 4 oz protein