Spicy Cabbage SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, roasted see link in recipe notes (or use garlic granules)
- 8 cups beef broth, divided
- 8 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp dried parsley
- 4 tsp onion powder
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 3 cups kale, chopped or spinach
- Brown ground beef in a stock pot over medium-high heat. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add celery, onion, roasted garlic and 1/2 cup broth. Scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze and cook until celery is tender.
- Stir in tomato paste, parsley, onion powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Add cabbage, kale and remaining broth and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add ground beef back to pan and simmer an additional 10 minutes.