Roasted ChayotePrint Recipe
- 2 cups chayote
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/4 tsp Celtic Sea Salt, fine ground
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Scallions, chopped, for garnish optional
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a roasting pan or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each chayote in half and remove the seeds. Slice the chayote into ½” half-rounds and place in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix all herbs until well combined to prepare the dry rub.
- Spritz the chayote half-rounds with olive oil spray.
- Rub the spices into the spritzed chayote, ensuring each half-round is coated with seasoning.
- Evenly distribute the chayote on the prepared pan in a single layer. Use two pans if one is crowded; do not overlap. Add some scallions if you’d like and leave the rest to garnish.
- Roast 40 minutes or until crisp and golden, turning halfway through cooking.