Peppered Flank Steak
Peppered Flank SteakPrint Recipe
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 Tbsp Riley's All Purpose Seasoning see link in recipe notes
- 8 cups asparagus
- Celtic Sea Salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rub the steak with Riley's All Purpose Seasoning on all sides and allow to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Coat a cast iron or skillet with cooking spray. On high heat, sear the meat on each side until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Place in oven for 10-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the steak. Once desired temperature is reached (see note below) let steak sit at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- While the steak is sitting, spread asparagus on a baking sheet in a single layer. Spritz with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice steak and serve with hot asparagus.
1 serving = 4 oz protein, 2 cups vegetable You can also cut the steak into strips and serve over a mixed green or arugula salad. Riley's All Purpose Seasoning is found in most grocery stores, Sam's Club and online. As a replacement for this seasoning blend, mix together equal parts garlic powder, onion powder, Celtic Sea Salt and fresh ground black pepper. Cook meat to desired temperature:
- with a thermometer, rare = 115°, medium = 140°, well-done = 155°
- if you do not have a meat thermometer, rare = touch of your chin, medium = touch of your nose, well-done = touch of your forehead