Have you ever wondered why most diets fail?
Perhaps you’ve tried every diet out there, only to be disappointed over and over again. You work so hard, you’re so hungry, and you spend hours in the gym, all for just a few lost pounds. Or, maybe you’ve even gained pounds. It just doesn’t seem fair, but you’re definitely not alone.
Here are five reasons why most diets fail:
It’s true that dieting works for some people. Many times, those people are the authors of books that tell you how you can lose weight, too. But, guess what? Your body is DIFFERENT. What worked for one person won’t necessarily work for you. This is called bioindividuality, and it’s one of five main reasons why most diets fail.
Bioindividuality is the combination of your metabolism, blood type, body structure, genetic heritage, personality, emotions and thought patterns that makes you unique. You are the only you that ever has and ever will live. How cool is that?
Most diets don’t account for all of these variables. Some people function well on a vegan diet, while others might begin wasting away in the first week. Some people feel great eating whole grains, while others bloat up like a balloon. Why? Bioindividuality.
A second reason why most diets fail is called starvation mode. Many diets require a decrease in calories, an increase in physical activity or both. In order to live and function, we need calories (energy) from food. The optimal number of calories depends on a person’s bioindividuality. When we’re physically active, we expend more energy, and thus need more calories. But if the ratio between calories and physical activity shifts too far in one direction or the other, problems occur.
Starvation mode isn’t simply feeling hungry. In fact, you may not feel hungry at all when your body is in a state of starvation. For a while, the weight may come off really fast, but eventually, your brain will tell your body, “Famine alert! Hold on to every bit of fat you can! We may never eat again!”
If you’re in starvation mode too long, you can experience some serious imbalances. And when you end your diet, all the weight will come back quickly, often bringing a few extra pounds with it.
Starvation mode is related to a third reason why most diets fail: nutritional deficiencies. We eat food not just for the calories, but also for the nutrients within the food: protein, carbohydrates, fat, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. This is why food quality is so important. If you’re eating 2,000 calories per day, but those calories are coming only from Coca-Cola and candy bars, you’ll get sick pretty quickly because Coca-Cola and candy bars don’t contain the right balance of nutrients.
Without a variety of foods, you won’t get the wide variety of nutrients you need for optimum health. Additionally, many people have digestive problems that inhibit absorption, thereby creating deficiencies. Nutrient deficiencies can turn into serious illnesses if dietary changes aren’t made. Diseases caused by malnutrition, including scurvy, rickets, beriberi and pellagra, are mostly eradicated in first-world countries. But they can occur under the right conditions. Left untreated, they can be fatal.
Food sensitivities are another reason why most diets fail. Along with artificial and processed food, food sensitivities create inflammation in the body, which can cause water retention and weight gain. Without knowing what food sensitivities you might have, the foods you eat could keeping you away from your goal. Eliminating certain foods for a short period of time can help you determine whether you have any food sensitivities.
The fifth reason why most diets fail is because they don’t solve metabolic imbalances, including insulin resistance, leptin resistance, low thyroid function, adrenal fatigue, yeast overgrowth, polycystic ovarian syndrome and more. These conditions might not show up in a blood test or have obvious symptoms, but they can derail your progress and make it nearly impossible to reach your goals.
The SHAPE ReClaimed program was created to address all of these issues. It’s not a diet. It’s a lifestyle program designed to create lifelong healthy habits. Here’s how it addresses the five reasons why most diets fail:
1. Bioindividuality. Because the SHAPE ReClaimed program is only available through licensed practitioners, the program can be tailored specially for you. Practitioners examine your health history so they can immediately address any potential challenges. With a baseline urinalysis and individualized guidance, you can hit the ground running in the right direction.
2. Starvation. With follow-up urinalyses, your practitioner can detect starvation right at the start and make necessary changes to get your body the nutrition it needs. Instead of “Famine Alert!” your brain can say to your body, “All’s well here! Let that excess fat melt away.” This means that you can successfully get rid of excess weight and keep it off!
3. Nutrient Deficiencies. The SHAPE ReClaimed program includes a variety of whole, nutrient-dense foods. While the first cleansing phase might be more restrictive, your nutrient needs will still be met because you’ll be eating a healthy balance of protein, fat and carbohydrates, all of which are full of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. If digestive issues or symptoms of deficiency do appear, your practitioner can help you add the right foods and supplements to solve the issue.
4. Food Sensitivities. The protocol in the first phase of the SHAPE ReClaimed program is super basic. This aids the cleansing process and helps you learn more about yourself and your body. You may not have known that your favorite food was causing a problem. By eliminating it, you’ll learn how good you can feel. As you reintroduce foods later in the program, you’ll learn what works for you and what doesn’t.
5. Metabolic Imbalances. Being practitioner-guided is a key difference between SHAPE ReClaimed and other programs. In your initial exam and health history, your practitioner can make connections and detect underlying issues behind your health problems or inability to get rid of excess weight. When these imbalances are detected, they can be treated, and you can finally move forward.
The SHAPE ReClaimed program succeeds because it addresses the reasons why most diets fail.
August 6, 2018