Marinara SaucePrint Recipe
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth no added sugar or oil
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 29-oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp dried basil or 12 fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large saucepan, add broth, onion and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients (if you're using fresh basil, add at the end) and cover. Cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Allow the liquid to reduce or add additional water to achieve desired consistency. If using fresh basil, add it now and cook uncovered an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator.
1 serving = 2 cups vegetable For a smoother sauce, use an immersion blender or blend in batches in a blender or food processor.