Linda’s SHAPE ChiliPrint Recipe
- 4 lbs ground beef chicken or turkey
- 2 cups onion diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 cup bell peppers, diced Optional
- 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 3 14.5 oz cans Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 3 14.5 oz cans Muir Glen Adobo Seasoned Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Greek yogurt, for topping
- green onions, for garnish
- Brown ground beef in a stock pot with salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin.
- In separate skillet, sauté onions and celery (and peppers, if desired) until caramelized.
- Add onions and celery to seasoned beef and add all tomato products.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt and green onions.
Replace 2 cans of tomatoes with Muir Glen Chipotle Pepper Tomatoes. This flavor has a little bit of sugar, so it should not be used in Phases I or II. This recipe freezes well.