Lemon Poppy Seed BarsPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup flax seeds, ground
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 2/3 cup Xylitol
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce or MCT oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp pure lemon extract
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line an 8x8 in baking dish with parchment paper, so the bars can be easily removed after baking.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet into the dry and pour into lined baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Store bars in the refrigerator, separated with wax paper.
1 serving = daily allotment of flax seed (2 Tbsp)