Italian Beef Roll UpsPrint Recipe
- 8 oz lean flank steak
- 3 cups green cabbage finely shredded or 6 cups spinach
- 1 cup onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth or water divided
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos or coconut aminos or tamari soy sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Tenderize steak with manual meat tenderizer until flat and thin.
- In a skillet, combine all ingredients except the flank steak and cook until slightly tender.
- Spoon cabbage mixture into pounded flank steak and wrap into a roll.
- Spritz a baking dish with cooking spray and add beef roll and remaining broth. Sprinkle additional salt and pepper over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until steak reaches desired doneness.
- Top with herbed cream cheese, marinara sauce, alfredo sauce or provolone cheese and bake until bubbly and brown.
- Substitute chopped broccoli and cheddar cheese for the filling.