Green Beans with Lemon & ThymePrint Recipe
- 1/8 cup red onion minced
- 2 cups fresh green beans (10 oz) trimmed
- 1/4 cup orange bell pepper (2 oz) thinly sliced
- 5 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 1/4 lemon zest & juice
- 1/8 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth divided
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley leaves chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Heat a large non-stick skillet with lid over medium heat.
- Sautee onions, green beans and orange pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer until green beans are slightly tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and more broth if needed. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- While tomatoes are cooking, zest and juice the lemon. Mix lemon juice, zest, garlic and chopped parsley together.
- Remove green bean mixture from heat; toss with lemon juice mixture. Transfer to a serving plate or platter. Salt & pepper to taste.
1 serving = 2 cups