Fruit CompotePrint Recipe
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup water omit if using frozen berries
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 oranges
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, mix together berries and apples and add water.
- Mix together xylitol, cinnamon and nutmeg and sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake for 1 hour or until apples are very tender.
- Mix arrowroot powder with a couple tablespoons of cold water.
- Remove the fruit from the oven and stir in the arrowroot mixture and vanilla.
- Squeeze the juice from one orange over the fruit. Peel and segment the other and stir into berry mixture.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
1 serving = 1 serving fruit Works well as a topping over yogurt, cottage cheese or Panfakes.