52-year old menopausal female.
Anxiety, depression, poor focus/memory, poor sleep, hot flashes, night sweats, irritable bowel syndrome, pain in feet/knees/hips/low back, water retention, current weight 189 lbs, craves carbs.
Pristiq, Clonazepam, CombiPatch, Meloxicam, Multi-vitamin, Calcium, Fish Oil.
Acidity, subclinical hypoglycemia/hypothyroidism, systemic yeast, adrenal exhaustion (via Adrenal Stress Index test), sympathetic dominance.
- Started on the SHAPE Program 4-29-13
- Nat phos for acidity
- Probiotic for yeast
- Magnesium/Potassium for sympathetic dominance
- Advised to stop calcium (can make patient more sympathetic dominant)
Upon re-exam on 11-20-13, the following was revealed:
- Patient down 39 lbs
- Significant improvement was gained with anxiety, depression, focus, hot flashes, night sweats, irritable bowel, water retention; pain decreased in all areas
- No improvement with sleep, memory, carb cravings
Patient was put on maintenance care and advised to do the following:
- Continue Magnesium/Potassium and probiotic
- Added: Quietude (homeopathic for sleep), Glycemic Manager (blood sugar support)
- SHAPE Drops daily, started on 5-2-13
Many of us have had our share of patients struggle with the SHAPE Program, thinking it is a difficult program to follow but patient commented she thinks the SHAPE Program is very easy to follow. When I inquired why she felt it was easy, she said, “I followed the nutrition guidelines perfectly and then had my 2 glasses of wine every night and had no problem at all.” WOW!!! I didn’t have the heart to tell her she’d strayed significantly from the program. Or did she? I certainly will never endorse patients including 2 glasses of wine during Phase I. She did indeed lose weight but could she have lost more and detoxed at a higher level. I believe so. An occasional glass of wine in Phase II won’t derail the effectiveness of resetting metabolic function.
Submitted by Dr. Todd Frisch, founder, SHAPE ReClaimed