Eggs, Spinach & Mushroom Skillet
Eggs, Spinach & Mushroom SkilletPrint Recipe
- 8 oz portobella mushrooms chopped
- 10 oz spinach, fresh about 5-6 cups packed firmly
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute mushrooms in a large skillet until tender and water has released, about 6-8 minutes. Set aside.
- Place spinach in same skillet and add about 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cook spinach on medium heat just until wilted, about 2-4 minutes.
- Bring mushrooms back to skillet and add salt and pepper.
- Create 4 wells in the middle of the vegetables by pushing them to the side.
- Crack an egg in each well.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the eggs are fully set or to your preference, roughly 5-6 minutes.
1 serving = 2 oz protein, 2 cups vegetables Chef’s Tip: For added flavor, use broth or coconut aminos to sauté mushrooms