Chocolate Bundt Cake (Phase III)Print Recipe
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup flax seed, ground
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 1/2 cup xylitol
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup coffee, freshly brewed and hot
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Xylitol
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds Optional
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. (Batter will seem thin, this is normal.)
- Add batter to greased bundt cake pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes.
- Let cool completely before icing.
- In a coffee grinder, add xylitol in batches and pulse until it becomes a fine powder.
- Mix cream cheese and powdered xylitol until well-blended.
- Ice cake and top with sliced almonds and coconut.