Chicken Vegetable Salsa Soup
Chicken Vegetable Salsa SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne, to taste Optional
- 2 qts chicken broth 32 oz, no added sugar or oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes plain or fire roasted
- 1 12 oz jar salsa no sugar added
- 2 cups your choice of vegetables, chopped green beans, zucchini or broccoli
- 2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 4 lime wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Bake chicken for 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear while you begin your soup preparation.
- Remove, let cool and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place chicken broth in large sauce pan.
- Add celery, onion, diced tomatoes and salsa.
- Boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Add vegetables and cook for an additional 10 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Divide chicken into four servings.
- Spoon heated vegetable soup into bowl and add measured chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and fresh parsley or cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.
1 serving = 4 oz protein, 2 cups vegetable Slow Cooker Version:
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Cook on high 4 hours (low for 8 hours).
- Remove chicken breasts, shred with a fork, and stir back into soup.
- Divide into four servings.