Chicken Taco Stuffed Peppers
Chicken Taco Stuffed PeppersPrint Recipe
- 2 bell peppers
- 1/2 onion diced
- 8 oz chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup salsa no sugar added
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- Cut tops off of peppers discarding the stem and saving the remaining flesh from the tops.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove ribs and seeds.
- Microwave peppers approximately 3 min or roast in oven at 350°F until semi soft.
- Chop onion and pepper tops and cook over medium heat in skillet until softened.
- Add shredded chicken, salsa and spices to onion/pepper mixture.
- Cook until hot.
- Stuff each half of softened peppers with 1/4 of the chicken mixture.
- Place stuffed peppers in an oven safe dish uncovered.
- Bake for 30 min at 375°F.
1 serving = 4 oz protein, 1 cup vegetable If using raw chicken, you will need to season with salt and pepper and bake it at 375°F for about 15 minutes (or until the juices run clear) before shredding.