Chicken "Parmesan"Print Recipe
- 32 crackers, finely crushed
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz chicken breast
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup marinara sauce no added sugar
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, strained
- fresh basil, sliced for garnish
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together cracker crumbs, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg and coat with cracker crumb mixture.
- Place coated chicken breasts in a glass baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Spoon marinara sauce over the top of the chicken breast, then spoon strained cottage cheese. Bake another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
1 serving = 4 oz protein, 1/2 cup vegetable Phase II Variation: Replace cottage cheese with half mozzarella and half parmesan