Chicken Meatball Soup
Chicken Meatball SoupPrint Recipe
- 8 oz ground chicken or turkey
- 2 Tbsp onion minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp sage
- 1/8 tsp marjoram
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 32 Nut Thins finely crushed or rice crackers
- 4 cups chicken broth plus 2 Tbsp
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos or coconut aminos or tamari soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup radishes quartered
- 2 cups kale or chard chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Using a tablespoon, form into balls.
- In a large stock pot, add 2 tablespoons of broth, celery, onion, garlic, cayenne, salt and pepper. Saute until onion is translucent.
- Add broth, Bragg Liquid Aminos and apple cider vinegar and bring to a boil. Add meatballs and cook 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add bay leaf. Simmer 20 minutes, add kale and simmer an additional 10 minutes or until kale is tender.
1 serving = 4 oz protein, 2 cups vegetable, 1 daily allotment of crackers