Chicken Gyros with CucumbersPrint Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground turkey chicken or beef
- 1 egg
- 32 Nut Thins, finely crushed or rice crackers
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- 4 Tbsp greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put all ingredients except cucumber in a bowl and mix/knead the mixture with your hands so everything is well combined.
- Put mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Work mixture into a square that will be easy to slice; about 6-8 inches across and 1 inch high.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let cool and slice into thin strips with sharp knife.
- Serve warm or cold with cucumber slices and yogurt.
- Replace the garlic powder with garlic salt if you prefer a saltier flavor, or use 50/50 of each
- After 35 minutes insert meat thermometer to be sure internal temperature is at least 165 degrees