Chayote–Cilantro Lime SlawPrint Recipe
- 3 cups chayote, cut into short, thin strips julienned
- 1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced remove seeds to lessen spice
- 2 Tbsp lime juice about 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt, coarse grind or to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss until mixed well.
1 serving = 2 cups vegetables Cooking Tips:
- You do not need to peel the chayote.
- Salt will draw out the moisture from the vegetables so it’s best to serve this the same day it’s made.
- If making ahead, cut chayote in half and salt liberally, place in refrigerator overnight to draw out extra moisture, then rinse before julienne.
- Store leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container for 1-2 days.