Cabbage RollsPrint Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 cabbage leaves, chard or collard greens
- 1 15-oz can tomato sauce no added sugar or oil
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together ground beef, cauliflower rice, celery, onion and spices.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and blanch each cabbage leaf for about 30 seconds. (This will make them easier to roll.)
- Spritz a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and spread half the tomato sauce.
- In each cabbage leaf, add 1/3 cup of the meat mixture and roll. Place each roll seam side down in the baking sheet.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce over the top and and bake for 30 minutes.
1 serving = 4 oz protein, 1 cup vegetable