Bone Broth, HomemadePrint Recipe
- 2 stalks celery medium chop
- 1 medium onion medium chop
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 1/2 lbs beef or chicken bones or a combination of both
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Place the bones in your slow cooker, filling about 3/4 of the slow cooker.
- Chop vegetables and garlic (no need to peel). Add additional rinsed vegetable scraps and egg shells if desired. You'll be straining these out before storing the broth.
- Fill the slow cooker with water and season with about 1 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- Add apple cider vinegar (no worries -- you won't notice the taste in the finished product).
- Cook on low for for 18-24 hours.
- Strain everything through a fine mesh strainer and discard bones and vegetables.
- Cool the stock and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for 6 months.
Chef Tip: A good broth will usually have a layer of fat on top and will gel when thoroughly cool. Remove the fat with a spoon and discard.