Baked White Fish with AsparagusPrint Recipe
- 4 oz white fish
- 2 cups asparagus, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 2 Tbsp caper juice
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp onion, minced
- 16 crackers, finely crushed
- 1/4 tsp dill, fresh or dried
- pinch of tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
- lemon wedges
- In a small baking dish, layer the fish and asparagus.
- Mix together vegetable broth, caper juice, lemon juice, garlic and onion, and pour over fish and asparagus.
- Top with cracker crumbs, dill and tarragon.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until fish and asparagus is cooked thoroughly and crumbs are slightly brown.
- Top with remaining sauce, fresh parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.
1 serving = 4 oz protein, 2 cups vegetable, 1 daily allotment of crackers Try this recipe grilled. Wrap up fish and asparagus in aluminum foil, toss with spices and baste with vegetable broth.