Baked Stuffed TomatoesPrint Recipe
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 32 Nut Thins finely crushed or rice crackers
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Hollow out the tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and turn upside down to drain for 10 minutes.
- In a hot skillet, add ground beef, onion, garlic and spices and cook until beef is browned.
- Place tomatoes, hollow side up, in a small baking dish and add about 1 cm of water.
- Pack ground beef mixture into tomatoes and top with cracker crumbs and salt.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
1 serving = 1 cup vegetable, 4 oz protein, 1/2 daily allotment of crackers