Apricot JamPrint Recipe
- 6 cups fresh apricots, pitted and sliced this will be 20-25 whole apricots
- 2 Tbsp Monk Fruit or SweetLeaf Stevia or to taste
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp grass-fed gelatin optional
- Place apricots in a large pot and cook on high heat, stirring for 10-20 minutes or until water disappears.
- When water is gone, blend apricots with immersion blender and continue to cook on low heat, stirring until jam is thick. It’s thick enough when jam forms thick droplets that hang heavily off the utensil. Or, when you make a line in the middle of the jam with a utensil it stays like that.
- Add sweetener to taste and lemon juice.
- If using gelatin, mix 1 Tbsp gelatin with 2 Tbsp water in a small bowl and wait 5 minutes until gelatin soaks up the water. After the water is gone, put the bowl with gelatin into a double boiler and stir gelatin until completely dissolved.
- When gelatin is dissolved, stir it into your jam.
- Pour hot jam into clean jar.
- Store jam in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
1 serving = 1 serving fruit Serving Tips:
- For a sweet breakfast or dessert, serve over Panfakes or Flaxseed Muffins.
- For a delicious entrée, top a baked chicken breast with apricot jam and enjoy the flavors of sweet and savory!
- If you do not have an immersion blender, remove from pot and place in regular blender or food processor in instruction 2.