Did you know that with the right social media strategy you can increase your practice recognition, traffic, and sales with little to no cost? That's right! According to the Social Media Examiner, 90% of marketers claim that social media generates outstanding exposure for their company. In fact, the benefits of using social media are so great that if you are not implementing this cost-effective resource you are missing out on a HUGE marketing opportunity! Below you will find 20 tips for connecting you to your ideal patients using social media. Before we start, I need to share an important disclosure:
Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you choose to make a purchase. This is of course at no cost to you, and I only share products that I use and love myself. Please read my disclaimer for more information.
- Use your personal name and practice name across all platforms. When patients are searching for you online, they are more often searching your name than your practice name. When a current patient talks about you and why they recommend you, they usually call you by name, not practice. Therefore, you’ll only show up in online searches if you’re listed by your personal name.
- Add keywords to the name field (if there is room). Prospective patients may search for not just a name, but also a specialty or modality. Descriptive keywords in the name field increase your visibility. Example: Abbie Martin - Functional Medicine, SHAPE ReClaimed, Natural Hormone Replacement.
- Use the same unique profile picture across every platform. A high-quality professional headshot will make you memorable and approachable.
- Make your bio should be about the patient, not you. Making your bio about your patient starts with stating what problems or conditions they may be experiencing, what modalities you offer as a solution and why they should trust. In our story building services, we build your patient as the hero and you as their guide to wellness.
- Include a call-to-action in your bio. What step do you want your potential patient to take next? Schedule a free 15-minute consultation, download your E-Book, take your Health Quiz? If you add a call-to-action button or link, make sure that link takes your potential patient to your offer, not to your Home page.
- Define your ideal patient avatar. A patient avatar is a detailed description of your ideal patient. Use this definition to create language that speaks to your ideal patient’s needs. Contact us to request your free copy of “Building Your Practice Brand Story Guide” which walks you through the process of creating effective website and social media copy.
- Save pictures that communicate your services, products and brand messaging. Start a file on your phone and computer and use those pictures to create your social media posts.
- Choose a color palette that reflects your brand and use it consistently. The same colors and branding should be used in your logo, website, branding materials and across all social media platforms.
- Edit your photos and add logos and colors to reflect your brand. com is a great resource for this. Contact us if you need help designing branded templates.
- Schedule your social media posts in advance. Utilizing a social media content calendar keeps your posts organized and increases your efficiency. Check out this Social Media Content Calendar (affiliate link).
- Use a consistent voice/tone in captioning your posts. Consider the personality of your brand and remain consistent across social media platforms.
- Include a call to action in your posts. You don’t want prospective patients to just read your posts, you want them to do something about it. Social media engagement begins relationship-building between you and prospective patients.
- Use hashtags strategically. If people are not searching for the hashtags you are using, they will not likely find you. The best hashtags describe your patients’ lifestyles and interests, not your practice.
- Pick only one or two platforms and commit to posting at least once per day.
- Schedule your posts to appear at times your target audience will be using the platform.
- Be sure someone from your team responds to every comment on your posts. Not doing so can affect your engagement rating on many platforms.
- Keep track of your top posts. What content or comments are your patients responding to? By tracking your likes and comments, you can create more content that encourages engagement.
- Share content from other sites that match your brand. For example, share a Patient Education article, a blog post or a healthy recipe from the SHAPE ReClaimed website.
- Get personal. Share a personal picture, story or experience that patients can identify with, remember and share with their friends.
- Use pre-designed health-related Facebook posts to save valuable time and money. You can purchase 30 ready-to-post, beautiful image templates that can be used as is or be easily customized to match your brand for only $39.00. Four full months (120 posts) is only $129.00! Email or call us for more information on this resource: info@VitalityConsultantsLLC.com or 314-799-0216
If you are not sure what platforms to focus on, don’t have a strategic plan for posting or do not have the time or staff to effectively manage your social media strategy, schedule a complementary call to discuss your needs.
About the author:
Ashley Nanney: Experienced Chief Executive Officer at Vitality Consultants LLC with a demonstrated history of business consulting within the health, wellness, functional medical and food industries. Skilled in coaching, consulting, public speaking and event management. Strong entrepreneurship professional, author and professional public speaker.
If you are looking for assistance, guidance or execution in DIY marketing, branding or business strategy, Ashley provides affordable solutions and suggestions. Call 314-799-0216 or email Ashley@VitalityConsultantsLLC.com for a free consultation to discuss your needs.