Your website is one of the most essential tools for your business.
Websites often serve as the first impression made to prospective patients. A strategically developed website and online brand allows patients the ability to share positive word-of-mouth experience about your practice. Website design mistakes could cost you business, prompting potential patients to search elsewhere for a provider. How do you create a great site? Let’s explore 10 website design corrections you MUST make.
- Make the name of your practice and how you solve patient concerns obvious.When patients land on your website, they expect to quickly see who you are and what services you offer. Your patients need to know why they should make an appointment.
- Make it easy for users to navigate your website. Navigation buttons (Home, About Us, Services, etc.) should appear on every page and include a home page to return to. Simple is best. Adding too many menus or drop-downs can be overwhelming and keep a potential patient from taking action. Make it as easy as possible to do business with you.
- Information should be simple so it can be quickly and easily scanned. With websites, less is more. Too much text, excessive pictures and lack of white space can be overwhelming to readers. State simply what the patient will experience, how you can help and what action to take. Be sure to have someone proofread several times to avoid errors in content or spelling.
- Keep information current. Make sure that your practice hours, contact information, service offerings and other information are correct.
- Include a clear call-to-action on every page. Each page of your website must include that clearly state the patient’s next step: “Schedule a free 15-minute phone consultation” or “Click here to book an appointment.” Be concise and specific.
- Use cohesive branding across all platforms. Cohesive branding introduces your patients to your values, personality, style and messaging. The colors, fonts, logos and images you use should follow the same theme on your website and all social media platforms. This helps anchor your brand presence, builds trust and helps patients remember you.
- Your text must be clear and easy to read. Choose up to 3 easy-to-read fonts. Make sure that the colors contrast well and are easy to read on a mobile device.
- Ensure your website performs well on all devices. Take Google’s Mobile Friendly Test to find out how your website performs. When your website is not mobile-friendly, you will reach more patients and improve your search engine ranking.
- Do not place social media icons at the top of your website. Social media icons welcome patients to leave your site right away by encouraging distraction. Once they leave, they may end up scrolling other content and forget to come back to you. Place your social media icons at the bottom of your website where they are easily found, but not as likely to cause unnecessary distraction.
- Take Pingdom’s Website Speed Test to see if your website loads in three seconds or less. According to Kissmetrics:
- 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less.
- 40% of people abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load.
- A 1-second delay in page response can result in a 7% reduction in conversions.
- 73% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that was too slow to load.
- 51% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that crashed, froze, or received an error.
- 38% of mobile internet users say that they’ve encountered a website that wasn’t available.
When you’ve addressed all ten of these points and your site is looking great, it may be time to leverage your site through social media. Having a solid social media strategy saves you both time and money. Check out our resource page for some helpful tools.
If you do not have a website or it’s time for a re-vamp, we can help! Our team can design, build and brand an entire site for a fraction of what most companies charge. To schedule a free consultation, check out AshleyNanney.com, email us at info@VitalityConsultantsLLC.com or call 314-799-0216.
About the author:
Ashley Nanney: Experienced Chief Executive Officer at Vitality Consultants LLC with a demonstrated history of business consulting within the health, wellness, functional medical and food industries. Skilled in coaching, consulting, public speaking and event management. Strong entrepreneurship professional, author and professional public speaker.
If you are looking for assistance, guidance or execution in DIY marketing, branding or business strategy, Ashley provides affordable solutions and suggestions. Call 314-799-0216 or email Ashley@VitalityConsultantsLLC.com for a free consultation to discuss your needs.