- 6 oz shrimp
- ½ cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 clove garlic crushed and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Pinch of thyme
- Pinch of cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add spices and vegetables to broth and simmer for about 15 minutes until celery is softened.
- Add the shrimp to the mixture and cook an additional 10-20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Start sauce with browned butter. Add a splash of dry sherry to the sauce and whisk in additional cold chunks of butter to create a richer more flavorful sauce.
(1 protein, 1 vegetable)