- 1 cup fresh chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh or dried oregano
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Puree ingredients in food processor for smooth salsa or chop ingredients by hand for chunkier salsa.
- Add spices and chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or more to allow flavors to blend.
Add chopped jalapeno or chipotle peppers. Mix with avocado to make guacamole. Serve salsa over a block of cream cheese as a dip for vegetables.