- 6 oz shrimp (chicken, beef, or chicken sausage can be used)
- Tomatoes or celery chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic crushed and minced
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of hot sauce
- Dash of liquid smoke (optional)
- Pinch of cayenne to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Water as needed
- Lightly sauté shrimp or chicken with celery or tomatoes, garlic and onion in lemon juice until cooked or lightly browned.
- Deglaze the pan with broth and add seasonings.
- Simmer on low for approximately 20-30 minutes until liquid is slightly reduced adding additional broth or water to achieve desired consistency.
Add chopped red and green bell pepper and additional seafood, chicken, sausage, etc.
(1 protein, 1 vegetable)