- 4 to 6 oz lean flank steak
- Finely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup beef broth or water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 clove garlic crushed and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tenderize steak with manual meat tenderizer until flat and thin.
- In a frying pan combine cabbage with spices, vinegar and aminos and cook until slightly tender.
- Spoon cabbage mixture into pounded flank steak and wrap into a roll.
- Fill the bottom of the pan with a little water and beef broth.
- Salt and spice the top of the roll Bake in 375 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes until cooked and cabbage tender.
- Baste occasionally with juices to keep the rolls moist.
- Variations: Substitute spinach for the cabbage filling.
Top with herbed cream cheese, marinara sauce, alfredo sauce or provolone cheese and bake until bubbly and brown. Substitute chopped broccoli and cheddar cheese for the filling.
1 protein, 1 vegetable