- 4 to 6 oz lean ground hamburger (less than 7% fat)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- Dash of garlic powder
- Dash of onion powder
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix ingredients thoroughly and form into patties (2-3).
- Fry in small frying pan until desired level of doneness or grill on the barbeque.
- If using frying pan add small amounts of water and deglaze pan to intensify flavors.
- Cook approximately 3 minutes each side or to desired level of doneness.
- Variations: Add Sweetleaf Stevia, lemon juice, and Bragg’s liquid aminos to create a slight teriyaki flavor or top with caramelized onion garnish. Also try lean buffalo or bison meat.
Add crumbled gorgonzola cheese to the hamburger meat before cooking. Top cooked hamburgers with Swiss cheese and sautéed mushrooms or top with chili and cheese.