- 4 to 6 oz lean ground beef
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1 clove crushed and minced garlic
- Dash of garlic powder
- Dash of onion powder
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Fresh chopped cilantro to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef.
- Add onion, garlic, and spices and a little water and simmer gently for 5-10 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Serve taco style in bibb or romaine leaf lettuce or with a side of tomatoes or salsa.
Serve with Greek Yogurt
Phase 2 modifications:
Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream or Greek yogurt and guacamole.
(1 protein, 1 vegetable)