- Fennel bulbs
- ½ cup vegetable broth or water.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Your choice of marinade or dressing (See dressings, sauces, and marinades section for ideas)
- Thoroughly wash and trim fresh fennel.
- Cook the fennel for several minutes in a little water or vegetable broth adding pepper, lemon, salt and fresh or dried herbs.
- Try Italian style or toss with Spicy Cajun or Dill Dressing.
- Cook until the bulb portion is tender and delicious.
- Fennel may also be grilled on the barbeque.
Drizzle with melted butter or olive oil. Fennel has a slight licorice taste and goes well with fish.