|Faith’s Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake|| |
- 8 apples
- 1 lemon
- 5 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups yogurt
- ½ cup xylitol
- 5 eggs 1 cup of egg whites
- 1 tbs vanilla or almond extract
- dash of salt
- Slice up 8 apples with skin on(I'm lazy and need the fiber) and put in bottom of very large baking dish, approximately 10x14.
- Pour juice of one lemon over apples, sprinkle with cinnamon and stevia to taste.
- Stir then bake at 450 degrees till apples are very soft, approximately 30 minutes.
- Mash them with a fork.
- In blender put 5 cups of cottage cheese and 2 cups yogurt (or 7 cups cottage cheese if you don't have any yogurt), ½ cup stevia (or more to taste), 5 eggs and one cup egg whites and 1 tbs vanilla or almond extract and a dash of salt.
- Pour over apples and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes depending on your oven, till puffy like a souffle. Voila.
If you don't have the extra egg whites no worries. It's still delicious, just not as puffy.
Everyone in my family loves this recipe. I'll definitely being making it a lot over the holidays.
From Kelly: I read though a gazillion comments and am including these notes for clarification:
Sweetener: It appears it is not ½ cup of Stevia, but rather ½ cup of Xylitol and if you use Stevia, use 2 TBSP powdered Stevia in the cottage cheese/yogurt mixture and 2 tsp on the apples mixture.
Servings: Cut it into 17 servings and that’s about 4 oz protein per serving. Or cut that 4 oz serving in half and you get 2 oz protein.
Fresh or from the Fridge - most people like it best the next day after being in the fridge. No one has frozen and thawed to see if it holds up.