|Crock Pot Apple Butter|| |
- 3lb apples
- 3 cups xylitol
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp cloves
- dash of salt
- ¾ cup water
- Fill crock-pot ¾ full with peeled, cored and sliced apples.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until evenly mixed.
- Cover and cook on low setting overnight or until the butter is of a thick spreadable consistency. (it took 12 hours for mine).
- If apple butter has too much liquid, remove lid and cook on high until thickened.
- Stir often as butter thickens to prevent scorching.
Freeze for longer storage.
To can the apple butter, pack into hot jars leaving ¼-inch headspace and process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.