- 6 ozs snow or king crab meat
- 1 serving Melba toast crumbs or crushed Nut Thins
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1 clove crushed and minced garlic
- Cayenne to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine ingredients and form into cakes.
- Press crab cakes into muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for about 10-20 minutes until slightly brown on top.
- The crab mixture can also be sauté d until warm or chilled and served over a green salad with lemon garnish and topped with cracker crumbs.
Add a little egg to the crab mixture and fry with a little butter or oil. Serve with Cajun spiced cream sauce.
(1 protein, 1 Melba toast)