- 4 to 6 oz. crab meat
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or substitute 1 cup water for 1 cup broth)
- 1 tablespoon onion minced
- 1 clove garlic crushed and minced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon milk (optional)
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Puree tomatoes and broth in a food processor or blender.
- Heat up mixture in a small saucepan.
- Add the crab and spices and simmer for 20-30 minutes stirring frequently.
Add half and half or cream.
(1 protein, 1 vegetable)