- 2 medium tomatoes or 3 Roma tomatoes sliced.
- 3 leaves of fresh basil rolled and sliced
- Savory red onion or caramelized onion garnish (pages 131, 132)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons caper juice
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Toss fresh tomatoes with spices and vinegar and coat completely.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Top with onion garnish and serve.
Layer sliced tomatoes with fresh mozzarella cheese to make a Caprese salad. Brush with olive oil.
(1 vegetable or fruit)