- 4 to 6 oz. chilled cooked white fish or shrimp
- 3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- Diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic crushed and minced
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Dash hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the shrimp or fish.
- Add lemon, onion, garlic and chopped cilantro.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and hot sauce.
- Chill and marinate the ingredients in the refrigerator.
- Traditionally cerviche is not cooked.
- The citric acids “cook” the fish.
- This is an alternative to cooking the shrimp or fish.
Add diced jalapeno, add additional types of seafood.
Serve over cream cheese for a vegetable dip. For a sweeter cerviche try adding a little fresh fruit.
(1 protein, 1 vegetable)