- 3 Tbsp.olive oil
- 1 headcauliflower
- 2 Tbsp.Mrs. Dash® Table Blend
- Preheat oven to 450°F (220°C).
- Cut out and discard cauliflower core and thick stems.
- Trim remaining cauliflower into florets the size of popcorn.
- Toss thoroughly in a bowl with olive oil and Mrs. Dash® Table Blend.
- Spread cauliflower on a sheet pan and roast for approximately 60 minutes, or until nicely browned (that's the carmelization process converting the dormant natural sugars into sweetness).
- Turn three or four times during roasting.
- The browner the florets, the sweeter they will taste.
- Serve immediately.
Do not cut it up too small. The first time I made this, I cut it into little pieces like in the picture. I didn't realize how MUCH the cauliflower will shrink by being roasted. It's something you're just going to have to experiment with.
I don't measure the oil or Mrs. Dash anymore. I put all the prepared cauliflower into a big bowl and just drizzle on the oil, by eye. Same with the Mrs. Dash (which I buy a nice big container of at Costco).
For the roasting, I don't recommend 450, I do it at 425. A sheet of Reynold's Wrap Easy Release foil works great here! The time will depend on how big or thick your pieces of cauliflower are. I do give it a good stir about every 15 minutes. You want it to be nice and golden brown (I actually like mine with some black). Again - experiment a bit. The last 5-10 minutes really make a big difference. If roasted long enough, this will actually be crunchy because the edges do get quite dry. The middle will be soft however. Since I now leave my pieces bigger than when I first started making this and lowered the temp to 425, it usually takes about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Even if you don't like cauliflower, try this - you'll be surprised!