- 6 c cucumbers, sliced
- 1 c green pepper, sliced
- 1 c onion, sliced
- 1 c cider vinegar
- 2 c xylitol
- 1 tsp celelry seed
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 tap mustard seed
- Slice the veggies into 2 quart jars, I like to make layers of them: you can leave out the onions and peppers, if you want, but they are so good!
- Mix your other ingredients in a large measuring cup, stir well. The sugar will not be dissolved yet.
- Pour over sliced vegetables, evenly in each jar
- You will finish filling the jars with cold tap water
- I shake the jar a few times during the 24 hrs to mix
- No need to cook it
- Ready to eat in 24 hours. Taste best if eaten within a week or two~but I like to add tomato wedges or slices to this liquid for overnight, when it is close to empty of veggies
- Use the next day~Unbelievable with sandwiches~ ~I have also pickled hot peppers using a batch of this same liquid~They are delicious!~
Adjust xylitol for a how sweet you want. Add dill and lower xylitol amount for a dill pickle. I use Celtic salt. Don't throw brine away, add more cucumbers.
Can be kept in fridge for up to a year.
Basically the same recipe as above, but I don't measure. I started out making refrigerated pickles years ago. And they said you can keep them in the refrigerator up to one year. So I substitute the Xylitol for sugar. The jar I have in my refrigerator not right now is maybe 4 months old and they're still crispy and they still taste good