- 4 to 6 oz. beef cubed
- 1 cup beef broth or water
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic crushed and sliced
- Pinch of dried thyme
- Pinch of marjoram
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lightly braise beef cubes with onion and garlic.
- Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Add liquid ingredients and spices.
- Slow cook for a minimum of 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Add additional water as needed to achieve desired consistency.
Add ½ cup red wine, whisk in cold butter and add additional non-starchy vegetables.
(1 protein, 1 vegetable)